Our WWPro security guards are the most vetted and skilled in the business, and are there on the frontlines of the pandemic burning through us every day and night. And now security personnel are often required to approach people and suggest more social distancing or to wear a mask and other mitigation protocols that have been adopted nationwide.
However, there are AI supplements to help security guard teams. Knightscope is a robot manufacturer, including the 1950’s rocket shop shaped ones that roll around like R2-D2 from Star Wars. Knightscope has recently set up a downloadable software feature that has the robots speak Covid019 Public Safety Announcements as it makes its rounds in public or private areas.
Three models of robots have the feature, which is free.
The announcements include the following, and are given when a person is detected, or randomly, by a time schedule, by location, or as controlled by a controlling professional.
- “Please maintain a safe distance between you and other people – I recommend at least 6 feet.”
- “Thanks for joining me for a breath of fresh air. We don’t have to remain indoors, but let’s avoid being in close contact with other humans.”
- “Be sure to wipe down any surfaces you come into contact with. Please disinfect your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer and avoid touching your face.”
- “Washing our hands is fun! Oh, wait…. I don’t have any hands.”
- “If you are feeling ill, please refrain from entering this facility. Instead, please push the button on my head to speak with a human.”
- “Please refrain from physical contact, including shaking hands.”
- “Social distancing is in practice and required here.”